Orange Alpine Evo SE Large + Hope
The Alpine Evo is hard to classify, it isn’t an out and out Enduro bike, it’s more versatile than that, but given a chance it will dominate any trail bike in challenging and aggressive terrain. This new addition to the range is an 'Alpine' model in every sense of the word, but we have updated the geometry to perform in more varied situations and focused on the bike’s ride quality rather than the suspension's travel numbers.
The 160mm front and 155mm of rear suspension strikes a balance between too much and too little. Structural and layout changes to the frame allow this model to have the most progressive suspension of any Alpine model to date, making the bike more playful and agile while providing more support through the entire range of travel.
THE SE SPEC WITH ÖHLINS
We love the Alpine Evo geometry - the ride is superb, bringing a smooth, plush bottomless feel to our iconic all-mountain enduro bike. How cool then to partner with the Swedish shock masters at Öhlins for the suspension on this SE model?
We've specced the TTX1Air Rear Shock with its twin-tube damping technology. Its compact, single-can package designed to deliver a more progressive feel is perfect for the Alpine Evo's frame curve.
Up front we've specced the RXF36 m.2 27.5″ Air Fork - Super plush, super adjustable and "cool AF"™. Using the TTX18 damping from their racing winning DH38 downhill fork, this is a 'riders' fork, and exactly the kind of feel we love on an Orange big hitter. We are running the Air version here, it offers both positive and negative independent spring systems, infinitely tunable and dispenses with the need for tokens and spacers used on many other systems.
Featuring the brand new Lazer Blue colour scheme, all in all, this is the Alpine Evo we're all drooling to have.
WHY THE ALPINE EVO SE?
F: 160MM | R: 155MM | W: 27.5
- Brand New for 2022 Monocoque 6061-T6 aluminium frame
- Designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Low position assymetric pivot – neutral suspension feel
- Assymetric off-set pivot for chainring clearance
- New Aggressive Evo geometry optimised for 160mm front/155mm rear travel
- New Progressive suspension kinematics.
- Ohlins TTX1 Air 230x65 Rear shock
- Ohlins RXF 36 M.2 Air 160mm 27.5 Fork
- Geometry for reduced offset fork
- New Improved dropout with UDH gear hanger
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
- New Top tube accessory mounts
- Bottle cage mounts
- Internal cable/hose routing